Davies received his BA in 1844, and MA in 1868, from Trinity College, Dublin. He became the Rector of Old Church, Chelsea in 1855. He was the Curate of East Lexham, Norfolk, 1846-48; Lavenham, Suffolk, 1848-53; St Luke, Chelsea, 1853-55. AMW was a frequent visitor to his house. He may have known JW in the mid-seventies, when his name appears in an address book (#12714).
Simpson's Kensington and Hammersmith directory and court guide ..., London, 1863; Crockford's Clerical Directory, London, 1900, p. 352; Lugt, Frits, Les marques de collections de dessins et d'estampes: marques estampillèes et écrites de collections particulières et publiques; marques de marchands, de monteurs et d'imprimeurs; etc..., Amsterdam, 1921, no. 2903a.